Tue. Oct 19th, 2021

SOUTH BEND — A single particular person is dead soon after a home explosion and fireplace in the 200 block of North Kenmore Avenue Thursday early morning.

Neighbors called 911 just after hearing a loud pop and looking at flames coming from the home just just before 11 a.m.

“I heard screaming from my neighbor across the road and then I listened to a pop,” said Norma Blackmon, who lives two residences down. “When I ran outside, I noticed almost nothing but flames.”

A relatives member at the scene Thursday afternoon verified the loss of life of 1 male occupant of the home.

It truly is unclear what led to the hearth and explosion. The household is one block west of the Charles Black Community Centre. 

South Bend firefighters observed “weighty smoke and fire” on the front aspect of the a single-tale residence, in accordance to a launch from the fireplace division. One particular person died in the fire and no just one else was wounded.